Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

New Year. Woot.

I never make resolutions really ... because I know it doesn't really matter as I will not follow them. But I think this year, I will give it a try.
 - Post more often. Take more pictures. This was the goal at the beginning of the year. I feel like I have managed to take more pictures than usual, but still not frequently enough. Mostly, I just need to keep up with it and be more consistent (as with many things).
 - Not get behind. Do things right when I have to do them. Instead of waiting for months and thinking about doing something, I will actually do it. Such a simple concept, but hard to implement for some reason. This applies mostly to things that have to be done, rather than leisurely things. Things that tend to get pushed back ... months and months in some cases. Just do it, as the saying goes.
 - Do more stuff. Kinda ties into the do not get behind category. This applies more to leisurely things though. I want to learn how to ice skate finally, go snowboarding more than once this year, travel more, take more random road trips, explore, do more random things,  etc etc etc.
 - Be more social. I am a very social person when it comes to my friends and people I know well. And strangers sometimes as well. But I would just like to meet more people and as the one above states, do more things. I think the two go hand in hand somewhat.
 -  Become healthier. I think over the last year or two I have become a lot healthier in the choices I make day to day. But there is always room for improvement. And in my case, there is a lot of room. I'd like to become more active and start running more frequently. And take up a couple of activities this year. Salsa dancing is definitely one that has been on the list for a very long time. Time to cross it off. Perhaps I will attempt some sort of kickboxing or somethings as well. We will see. But the goal is just to have more energy and be more positive. I don't really like going to the gym. But I have noticed now that I have not been in many months that even my once a week sessions were beneficial. Now I feel tired more frequently and I don't think I have as much energy as I did. Anyways, time to do it!

So far that's that's all I can come up with. I think most of them tie into the doing stuff now category. I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to everything. Even things I really want to get done. It's an awful habit that has stalled many things for sure. And it's no ones fault other than myself. So it's time to change. I need to do more things. Simple as that. This year will be all about change and progress. Starting now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment