Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Birthday Weekend

Last weekend was Stephen's birthday. It went from one extreme to the other. On Friday, I surprised him by having us go to the Elmwood Spa in order to have a Swedish massage. Neither of us had ever had a professional massage before, so I thought it would be an experience. Unfortunately I couldn't really take pictures in the spa, but I love the hot tub and overall feel of the women's change room. I think the whole spa is quite nice. The massage itself wasn't that amazing for me ... I think Stephen got the better masseuse :P But it was nice to be able to take a dip in the pool after and relax and spend time together. Afterwards, we went to the Bangkok Garden for dinner. I have never been there before, and chose the place mostly because of the location. I think we were both pretty satisfied with our meal and the whole evening overall :)
Fishies
The soup that was way too spicy. Stephen ate the pepper :P
Too much food. Had to take it home.
On Saturday we went to get tickets to the show we were going to see later on that day. The afternoon was spent walking all around Queen and Dundas, and back and forth numerous times which was funny. We went for brunch at Harlem again. I ordered the signature french toast, and Stephen got the blueberry pancakes (although the blueberries weren't actually inside). It was a nice day out, although cold. That night did not turn out as expected at all, for which I am mostly to blame. I feel like things have shifted, and hope they go back to how they were a while ago. This hasn't been the best week ever.
I love his face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment