Saturday, September 18, 2010

Golden Seashells & Studded Crosses

One of the reasons (of many) that I decided to start a blog of sorts was because I stumbled upon a few fashion blogs and found it really interesting how people took pictures of their daily outfits. Now, I am far too lazy for that and don't put that much effort into dressing myself at this point at least. And I also just mainly wanted a place to be able to upload some pictures and chronicle events. I haven't been that diligent in updating and posting, but hopefully will get into the hang of it more now.

Anyhow, now that my finances are much closer to being in order, I decided to buy myself some shoes. The gold ones were totally an impulse buy. I had some time to kill and went into a store, and upon seeing them totally felt like I must have them. I don't really wear heels at all since I am quite tall and feel kinda awkward in them. But at the same time, I looove heels. If I was a lot shorter, I think I would wear them on a daily basis. That being said, I have bought at least a couple of pairs of heels over the last couple of years. Usually never wearing them ... except on a single occasion maybe. I can only recount two times I have worn heels in the last two years. Maybe three. So I feel like it's time to put my collection of shoes to use, and get more lovely shoes that I like and wear them. I used to be really self-conscious of being tall when I was younger, but now I have come to terms with it and actually enjoy it. I'm already really tall ... so I might as well be even taller :P

Colcci is a Brazilian brand that I have never heard of until now. Upon looking at their online collection, I like their shoes quite a bit. They also produce apparel and accessories. The shoes were $195 originally but I got them on sale for $59.99. How could I not? They are really comfortable and I love the gold foil look. Makes them look a lot older and worn in. I really love the seashell accent and the gold tie adornments. Basically, love the whole shoe.

 I've always wanted a pair of Doc Martens. I like the original lace up versions as well, but when I saw these I had to get them. My goal for this winter is to find a nice pair of up to the knee boots. Something a bit classier than these. But after trying them on and realizing how comfortable they were, I knew I would wear them often. Hopefully they are waterproof as well so they can endure the inevitable mounds of snow that will soon arrive. For $59.99 at Winners, I think they were quite a steal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment